Friday, June 27, 2008

The Journey to Toddstock: Saturday 6.14.08


The journey began to Todd and Michele Rundgren's home on Kauai on June 14th. Chuck had to take his digital accordion, of course, so he had called ahead to make sure that it would fit in the overhead storage - no gate check for this baby. They reassured him that the accordion would fit. On the first leg of the journey we flew from Cincinnati to Denver and the plane was small. There was no way the accordion would fit in the overhead storage. The stewardess was very accomodating and reassured Chuck that she would find a seat for it. Probably due to the weight of the instrument she put it in the nearest seat possible which was FIRST CLASS. Yes, look at the picture again and you will be able to see for yourself that the accordion is sitting in first class. And where did the wife sit? In economy, of course! I had to pretend that I was upset because I did think it was hilarious. I did ask the waitress for the accordion's drinks and lunch. Apparently, it likes foreign beers. Fortunately, she enjoyed playing along with the joke.
Yes, it's hilarious but, at the same time, there is something so wrong with this picture - especially for such a long flight!

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

When Chuck called to check on the dogs and he told me the story of "Big Red" sitting in First Class, I cracked up. I think the Stewardess really should have given the accordian a blanket and pillow, too!

Kelly said...

I'm thinking she should have let the accordion sit next to Chuck and put you in first class!!!

Deb Wiggins said...

Thanks, Kelly, my thoughts exactly all the way from Cincinnati to Denver!