Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Bluebird of Happiness


My lovely friend, Cyndi Nabors, was patient enough with me to actually take me to the fabric store and let me pick out this beautiful batik fabric. She then went on to amaze me with her sewing skills and made this purse and wallet by the next day. Very talented lady. I love all the pockets on the outside and all SEVEN pockets on the inside - no more digging for stuff at the bottom of the purse where most stuff lands. I love the wallet because it is light weight and can easily be picked up to run into a store instead of dragging the whole purse. She even named the design after me - the Deb bag. Now when the purse gets really old I can call it Deb, the old bag.

You can visit Cyndi's blog about her handiwork at Bluebirdswing. Her purses are well designed, durable and washable. She and I are having an open house at my house on July 12th from 11 am to 4 pm. Stop by for browsing and refreshments.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful compliments, Deb! You made me laugh out loud with the "Deb, the old bag" line! You are sooo funny. I'm really happy that you like your purse and wallet. I'll get the make-up bag finished sometime today! Cyndi