Sunday, February 3, 2008

I've Been Book Memed

I've been tagged by my husband, Chuck, to do the following:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

The book that is almost touching my computer is "Pagan Christianity? Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices" by Frank Viola and George Barna. I mentioned this book in a previous post.

(He's discussing the common terms for clergy in the fourth century....) So did "Master of Ceremonies," and "Grand Master of the Lodge." All of this reinforced the mystique of the clergy as the custodians of the mysteries of God. In short, by the end of the fourth century on into the fifth, the clergy had become a sacerdotal caste - a spiritually elite group of "holy men."

I know I'm breaking the rules but my eyes hit this quote and I can't let it go. On the previous page there was a quote by Karl Barth: "The term 'laity' is one of the worst in the vocabulary of religion and ought to be banished from the Christian conversation." I'll just let that speak for itself.

And I tag Cortney and Kevin because Chuck tagged the other bloggers I know.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cqan always ask Kelly and I to post blogs on our myspace :-)