Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 20 Resurrection Stories: Solomon Lee

Yes, I know I'm on story 20 and Ascension Day was May 1st and Pentecost Day is May 11th. So I have reached half of my goal and still want to hang in there with reflecting on finding those stories of new life. It is a spiritual discipline for me given my temperament and fatigue. It gives me hope and in sharing we can carry a small bit of hope to others.

So, for Story 20 I want to share a poem written by Solomon Lee who is ten years old. He is the first child in the pic. The pic was taken over a year ago so he's even more handsome now. Please read his poem and see if you agree with me that minds and hearts like Solomon's can revive new life in the midst of what we hear in the media. This is in his spelling, punctuation, etc. Makes my teacher heart flutter!

Why Fear?

Why fear the bully,
Or writing from scratch
Why fear those
Who think rap isn’t crap?
Yes, you can fear the massacre,
The mystery
The immigrants.
But why fear the stupid people
The goray, grotesque facts of life
Like the old age Christans being devoured by lions
Fear can be blissful,
Like a horror movie (too freaky for me.)
But don’t be scared of hell threats,
Fatigue and cancer you shouldn’t fear
But be cautious in life
Don’t fear, you shouldn’t
For I fear humanity
It doesn’t feel good, trust me
For I’m Solomon Lee!

No comments: